Email Answers Current Job Openings
Junior Systems Administrator
This job will entail working with our System Administrator and assisting him in a variety of daily tasks, which include managing our infrastructure, (servers, workstations and networks), in-house applications and working with customer orders. Our office is located in Boca Raton, Florida.
- Install, configure and maintain web, email, archiving, and in-house software applications
- Evaluate, test, and implement system updates
- Monitor for and resolve application performance issues
- Track system usage and prepare usage related reports
- Perform systems capacity planning
- Help manage all operational applications and related archive system backups
- Install, configure and maintain operating systems, tools and patches
- Develop and implement appropriate system maintenance routines
- Monitor and manage server and software updates
- Install, configure and manage health and performance analysis tools
Other key responsibilities:
- Resolve problems, including identifying potential problems before they become critical and identifying, evaluating, and analyzing resolution options
- Document configurations, instructional procedures, change management records
- Work with in-house applications – customer data & orders
- Rotating schedule of 24/7 after hours, on-call support for our infrastructure
- Provide customer support for software, applications and servers
- Working with our team of developers to implement or update applications
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills & Experience
The infrastructure management and maintenance includes servers located in our office as well as our data center.
The systems that will be managed are as follows:
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012
- MySQL, NoSQL and Microsoft SQL Server
- Ubuntu 12.04 +
- Free BSD
- VMware ESXi 5.1 and Virtual Infrastructure Manager
- Windows 7 Professional Office Workstations
Knowledge of the following will be helpful:
- PHP, iiS, Apache (on Linux and Windows)
- DNS, SFTP, SMTP, WWW
- Layer 2 & 3 Routing
You will also need a diverse working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010.
- Degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in server and systems administration.
- Strong technical, analytical, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to perform complex tasks with little direct supervision.
- Proficiency in installing, configuring, administering and supporting servers in a Microsoft Windows, Linux and VMware server environment.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com .
The subject line should be “Junior Systems Administrator Position”.
If the above instructions are not followed, your resume will not be reviewed or considered.
Email Answers commits to hiring returning veterans.